Frequently asked question (Yoga Course)
What is Yoga Certification Board ?
Traditionally, Yoga Education was imparted by knowledgeable, experienced, and wise persons in the families (comparable with the education imparted in convents in the west) and then by the Seers (Rishis/Munis/ Acharyas) in Ashramas. The prevalence, popularity and its effects on the human mind and body are predominantly accepted world over.
The Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy), Government of India in the wake of declaration of International Yoga Day in 2015, a scheme for Certification of Yoga professionals and Accreditation of Yoga Institutions was launched on 22nd June 2015. The certification and accreditation program initially started under the management of Quality Council of India (QCI).
Establishment of Yoga Certification Board
Yoga Certification Board was set up in March, 2018; started functioning om June, 2018. The Yoga Certification Board is established under aegis of Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India with complete functional autonomy.
Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH is the Chairperson of Yoga Certification Board. Joint Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH is the Vice Chairperson of Yoga Certification Board. The Yoga Certification Board has representation from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Accreditation expert, Legal expert and Yoga expert. Secretariat of Yoga Certification Board is headed by CEO who is the Director of Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
Yoga Certification Board is established for certification of Yoga professionals and accreditation of Yoga Institutions, prescribing syllabus for various levels of Yoga trainers and other such activities that may be considered necessary for promotion of Yoga. Professional assessment of these service providers are carried out so as to certify the competencies so that the user of the service is assured of the skill sets possessed by the trainer.
Objectives of Yoga Certification Board
- To promote Yoga as means to promote holistic health and human values
- To promote Yoga as a career skill
- To develop standards and parameters, assess competencies and certify Yoga Professionals for different levels
- To develp standards and parametes, assess competencies and Accreditation of Yoga Schools/Institutions/Centers
- To bring uniformity and standards in Yoga courses conducted across India and Globe
- To collaborate with national and international organistions for promotion of Yoga
What does accreditation of a institute means ?
Is “International Ayurveda & Yoga Institute” accredited ?
The International Ayurveda and Yoga Institute is accredited with the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda and Yoga), Yoga Certification Board. Has official status to conduct yoga courses and exams. Certificate Number :УСВ / 20 / УС / 000032 dated 08.10.2021
What is the need to get certified as a yoga professional?
- You are confident that you have received quality yoga knowledge from qualified and certified teachers and instructors.
- You have official status of a Certified Yoga Professional
- The certificate is issued by the Yoga Certification Board, Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda and Yoga) Government of India.
- You have the opportunity to prove and attest your knowledge and ability with the appropriate certification of international standard and Government level.
- Open up new opportunities for teaching yoga in various institutions (schools, hotels, offices, clubs, sports centers, health centers, yoga centers, etc.)
- Practicing yoga therapy in medical institutes and centers
In which countries the certificate is valid?
I am practicing Yoga for many years, I work as yoga instructor, why should I get a certification?
You may be practicing yoga for many years, you may be working as yoga instructor, but official attestation of your knowledge and skill at government level will give you new heights for your carriers and open new horizons to work officially any were in the world.Open up new opportunities for teaching yoga in various institutions (schools, hotels, offices, clubs, sports centers, health centers, yoga centers, etc.)
What are the courses offered?
What is the minimum qualification and age to join the course?
Is courses only for yoga professionals?
Where are the courses conducted?
In which language courses are conducted?
Is the course offline or online?
- Online and Offline (Theory and practical learning are conducted in mixed form, both online and offline)
- Classes are conducted in real time with direct interaction between teacher and the student (face to face). We highly recommend the physical presence of students in the class.
- For those students who for any reason, can not attend the classes physically, live, real time interaction (face to face) is available through the internet (Zoom,skype etc).
- If in any case you missed the class the recording of the class is available for you. ( But remember you can not miss more than 15% of the total hours of the courses, otherwise you will not be eligible for taking the examination)
- A group (batch) consists of not more than 16 students
What is duration of the courses?
What is the cost of the courses?
Payment terms and conditions
- To reserve a seat you have to pay an amount of 20% of the total value of the course.
- Balance amount is paid before 15 days of the scheduled date of start of course.
- If for any reason you are unable to start the course, the paid amount is automatically reserved to join the next batch suitable for you.
- If for any reason, you started the course and are unable to continue, only 20% of the total amount is refunded.
- In any genuine case and reason, the institute can consider returning the full amount.
- Payment can be done once your admission is confirmed after the interview and the contract is signed between the student and the institute.
Where do I give the examination?
Who issues the certificate?
What is the validation of the certificate?
Can the certificate be renewed ?
How many courses I can study at the same time?
How can I apply for admission and get the certificate?
- Selection the course
- Apply for admission
- Call for interview
- Confirmation of admission
- Start of course
- Finish of course
- Issue of certification of “Completetation of course”
- Taking the exam
- Success in exam
- Issue of certificate
If you have any questions or messages, we will be happy to answer, we are here to help you. You can contact us by e-mail. mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phones: +38 068 293 0386, + 38 093 051 6514 (Whatsapp, Viber) or by sending the form below